When translating, rotating, and scaling elements, you can snap incrementally. Instead of snapping to a target, elements jump in discrete increments from their current values. This is useful if you want to move an element by exact multiples of a certain value, but keep it offset from the global grid.
If both incremental and target snapping are active at the same time, incremental snapping takes priority.
To snap incrementally
• Do one of the following:
- Press Shift while rotating or translating an element.
- Press Ctrl while scaling (Shift is used for scaling uniformly).
To set options for incremental snapping
• Choose Transform > Transform Preferences.
- For translation, objects and components jump by whole multiples of the Snap Increments - Translate value in Softimage units.
- For rotation, the angle jumps by increments of the Snap Increments - Rotate value in degrees.
- For scaling, the factor jumps by multiples of the Snap Increments - Scale value.
Autodesk Softimage 2011 Subscription Advantage Pack