Align Particle to Camera
This compound aligns particles to have their Y axis point to the global position of a camera, allowing you to do “billboard” effects.
Plug this compound's Execute output into a port on the ICETree node.
For more information, see[ ].
See also thecompound for true billboard effects.
Output Ports: Execute
The name of the camera root to which the particles are aligned.
Do any of the following to define the camera root of the camera to use:
• Create a Get Data node for the Camera Root object, then plug this node’s Out Name output into this port.
• Click the Pick button and pick a camera root in the scene.
• Click the Explorer button and select a camera root name from the list.
• Enter a camera root’s name in the text box.
Select Alignment Method
The method by which the particle’s Y axis is aligned to point at the camera root:
• Full Alignment: The particle’s alignment to the camera is set at its birth and remains the same over its lifetime; that is, the particle’s Y axis points at the camera root when it is born, but does not change its orientation over its lifetime.
• Incremental Alignment: The particle’s alignment to the camera changes over its lifetime so that its Y axis is always pointing toward the camera, no matter where the camera root is.
Autodesk Softimage 2011 Subscription Advantage Pack