Selecting a Key Map
The selected key map defines the keys used while working in Softimage, as well as the which set of key bindings you can change in the Keyboard Mapping editor. Only one key map can be active at a time.
• In the Keyboard Mapping editor, select the desired map in the Key Map box.
There are several default key maps installed:
- Softimage Key Map is the standard key map for Autodesk Softimage.
- SI|3D Key Map is closer (but not identical) to the key bindings used by SOFTIMAGE|3D. For example, F1 is used to activate the Model toolbar instead of 1 as in the standard Softimage map. If you are a long-time user of SOFTIMAGE|3D, you may be more comfortable with this key map.
- Maya Compatible Key Map may be preferred by users who are familiar with Maya.
- 3ds Max Compatible Key Map may be preferred by users who are familiar with 3ds Max.
Key maps that are found in your user location are marked with [user], and those that are found in a workgroup location are marked with [workgroup]. Key maps that are installed as part of an add-on are marked with [user add-on] or [workgroup add-on].
Autodesk Softimage 2011 Subscription Advantage Pack