Setting Up Forces for Cloth
After you’ve created a force for the cloth object, you need to set up how the cloth reacts to the force.
To set up forces on cloth
1. Apply forces to the cloth object by selecting the force and choosing Modify > Cloth > Apply Force from the Simulate toolbar (see for more information).
If there is no force created yet, you can select the cloth object and create the force by choosing one from the Force menu on the Simulate toolbar. This automatically applies that force to the selected object.
2. Open the cloth object’s ClothOp property editor by clicking the ClothOp node’s icon in the explorer.
3. Click the External Forces tab and set the parameters.
The settings you use here represent a percentage of the “global” effect that the force has.
Modify the properties that correspond to the force acting on the cloth. You must use any value greater than 0 (zero) for these parameters for the appropriate force to have an effect.
- If you applied a fan, set the Fan Force value.
- If you applied an eddy force, set the Eddy Force value.
- To increase the wrinkles in the cloth, use a higher Viscosity value and select Noise.
Autodesk Softimage 2011 Subscription Advantage Pack