Creating and Editing ICE Trees
This section describes how to create an ICE tree manually.
In addition to what’s described here, there are several commands that automatically create ICE trees for special purposes. For more information see:
Creating an ICE Tree Manually
1. Display the ICE tree view. See.
2. Select the geometric object to which you want to apply an ICE tree.
If the ICE Tree view is locked, you must update it to show the selection.
3. Do one of the following:
- Choose Create > Simulated ICE Tree to create an ICE tree in the Simulation region. The Simulation and Post-Simulation regions are created automatically if required.
- Choose Create > ICE Tree to create an ICE tree in the current construction region.
An ICE tree is created and the root node appears in the ICE tree view.
For more information about simulated versus non-simulated trees, see.
4. Add nodes and connect them to achieve the effect you want. See the following sections:
5. If the tree is a simulation, add the appropriate node to make sure that it updates properly at each frame: Simulate Particles or Simulate Rigid Bodies.
6. If desired, you can create a compound node and export it for reuse in other trees and scenes. See.
Editing an Existing ICE Tree
1. Select the object with an ICE tree.
2. If necessary, click Refresh in the ICE Tree view.
3. If there are multiple trees on the object, select the appropriate tree node in the explorer on the right of the view. If the explorer is not visible, click Hide/Show Explorer View (the right arrow button).
4. Add nodes and connect them to achieve the effect you want.
Autodesk Softimage 2011 Subscription Advantage Pack