Weight painter brush is not visible in viewports
Article needs peer review
After having selected an object's wieght map and then activated the Paint tool (by either choosing Get > Property > Paint Tool or by pressing the w key), you notice that the Paint brush does not appear in any of the viewports.
The object you wish to paint on is unselectable.
- Select the object from Explorer, and use the e supra key to isolate the selection in the Explorer view.
- Select the Explorer>Show>Properties filter.
- Expand the object's Explorer node; you will see among others, the Visibility node.
- Open the Visibility property editor (select the Visibility node and hit the Enter key).
- Enable the Visibility>Selectability parameter (you can exit the property editor if you wish).
- You can now select the object and hit the w supra key to invoke the Weight Painter brush.
Applies To: XSI 1.0 on NT,Win2K,Irix