Autodesk Softimage 2010 SP1
The latest Service Pack from Autodesk for Autodesk® Softimage® 2010 software includes nearly 70 fixes.
Here is a summary of the fixes available in Autodesk Softimage 2010 SP1:
Face Robot on Linux
Face Robot now works on Linux!
As well, many fixes have been made to Face Robot.
Softimage 2010 SP1 ships with Crosswalk v.4.1.
The main purpose of the Crosswalk update is to support the Softimage Face Robot plug-in on Linux 64-bit systems. There were also a few other important fixes thrown in for good measure.
Particle Volume Shader
Many fixes have been made to the Particle Volume shader. Note that this also affects the Particle Renderer shader compound which uses this shader.
Many fixes have been made to hair on Linux.
Softimage 2010 SP1 includes full English and Japanese documentation.
Softimage 2010 SP1 is a full build and can co-exist with Softimage 2010. Softimage 2010 is not required to be uninstalled first.
Softimage 2010 SP1 uses the same license as Softimage 2010. Installing Softimage 2010 SP1:
- If you have a Network license, use the product key 591B1 and the serial number 000-00000000.
- If you have a Standalone license, use the product key 590B1 and your real serial number and choose the Standalone licensing method.
The Fix List
- UDEV00254548 Unable to select matrix attributes in rendertree.
- UDEV00254916 Associated lights not working with Reference Models
- UDEV00254772 Unable to edit Camera texture Projection
- UDEV00254598 Cleanup needed for the Particle Types value of the scope attribute of the Explorer
- UDEV00254256 Crash when changing the filename of a CgFX shader node
- UDEV00254395 Crash while removing a specific referenced model with ICE particles
- UDEV00254472 Deleting a geometry that was referenced by a frozen ICE tree causes pointcloud corruption and data loss
- UDEV00254659 Volume marching algorithm samples farther than it should
- UDEV00254660 Volume shader: Changing density of slices affects RGB
- UDEV00254662 Volume shader: depth framebuffer broken
- UDEV00254661 Volume shader: enabling preview mode also enables scatter
- UDEV00254396 Error deleting in branch a model that contains a refmodel with a material that uses a texture twice as input
- UDEV00254762 Refmodels - Delta failed to applied on deep nesting
- UDEV00254677 RefModels - ShapeInstancingNode doesn't connect to reference when the reference is in a refmodel
- UDEV00254394 RefModels - simulated ICE particles from v7 doesn't work when using Refmodels as Source geometry
- UDEV00254188 Importing a model with envelope operator crashes
- UDEV00254496 Offloading then onloading a ref model loses animation mixer work
- UDEV00254552 Motionbuilder FBX Does not Properly Exclusive Merge
- UDEV00254774 Permanent delete leaves undo stack size at zero if the command fails
- UDEV00252780 Linux: Press F1 in the script editor freeze Softimage
- UDEV00254694 Linux: Switching Scene Debugger to Memory Crashes
- UDEV00254259 Linux: Keymap problem with script editor
- UDEV00254701 Linux: Softimage crashes when changing the self.collisionscale X,Y and Z values to 1
- UDEV00254588 Compositor plug-in: UfoDeleteUserData not called on exit on Linux
- UDEV00254651 Freeze painting vertex on subdivided mesh
- UDEV00254752 Hard crash on switching Cluster Material texture in Texture Decal mode
- UDEV00254791 Sometimes animation clip Keys are not visible on the Animation Editor
- UDEV00254402 Animation: Cannot Freeze Cycle
- UDEV00254824 Strange Approx op result when weights are not normalized
- UDEV00254780 ScriptingSessionActive wrongly enabled when invoking commands from keymaps.
- UDEV00254520 SDK Commands: ApplyTopoOp not returning the op as documented
- UDEV00254197 Using the CICEAttributeDataArray to access an ICEAttribute DataArray causes a segmentaion fault on Linux
- UDEV00254580 SDK ICE: Multiple ICE custom nodes in a tree share the same full name.
- UDEV00254450 SDK ICE: Problem disconnecting ports in single-threading mode
- UDEV00254703 Clearing string on get data node invalidates the graph when using an IsValid node.
- UDEV00254594 RBD not properly handling particles scales and sizes
- UDEV00254955 Drifting objects when using IsPassiveRigidBody flag and instanced shapes
- UDEV00254779 Softimage crashes when loading the same ICE-RBD scene a few times
- UDEV00254519 Face Robot does not work on Linux
- UDEV00254735 Clear the "Face Robot" flag from scenes when saved outside of Face Robot
- UDEV00254308 Animation Export : Can't create Range-Of-Motion when all deformers are selected.
- UDEV00254958 CGFX textures are not visible on Natasha's head. Display is blocked by a Material cluster.
- UDEV00254629 A tongue sampler is always created when we create samplers for a selected number of controllers
- UDEV00254338 Animation Export rig does not persist correctly across sessions if samplers density is higher than 1
- UDEV00254208 Animation Export, Eye Controls not working with Retargeted Motion
- UDEV00254347 Build an AnimationRig (use mocap + enable head rotation and position) and big Eyeballs will appear
- UDEV00254224 Import an Animation Rig in Softimage or Maya and the Upper lip won't be right
- UDEV00254499 Keywords should not be made visible in the viewport
- UDEV00254290 Mouth Problems before Import of Animation Rig
- UDEV00254311 Poses destroy the characterâ€™s face if rotation is applied to the head control
- UDEV00254087 Weighting issue in faceRobot Importer making shapes unusually large
- UDEV00254289 Lip controllers and teeth position are wrong if you export then import an Animation Shape Rig.
- UDEV00254305 Animate a face using mocap then Export and Re-import the Animation Rig -> Lip are not right on the Rig.
- UDEV00254502 Game Export - Error pop (Unable to Connect RegionMasks) when clicking on "Add Textures"
- UDEV00254584 "Copy Style" crash
- UDEV00254582 Freezing the Hair after a "Pop Zero Hair" crash
- UDEV00254722 Render Region of a model with hair cut to zero makes XSI crash.
- UDEV00254558 Fur based on cluster is unstable.
- UDEV00254562 XSI crashes when switching hair visibility from "guide hair" to "render hair".
- UDEV00254585 After transferring UVs to Fur, a Render Region makes Softimage 2010 crash.
- UDEV00254560 The clump fur command doesn't work.
- UDEV00244653 Tangents and binormals are imported as short (2 bytes) instead of float (4 bytes)
- UDEV00254552 Motionbuilder FBX Does not Properly Exclusive Merge into SI2010 SP1
- UDEV00254542 DotXSI: Wrong rotation order when exporting
- UDEV00254338 Face Robot - Animation Export rig does not persist correctly across sessions if samplers density is higher than 1
- UDEV00254443 Face Robot - Port ShapeWeight, FR_ICE_Import and faceRobot Importer plug-ins to Linux 64bits
- UDEV00254087 Face Robot - Weighting issue in faceRobotImporter making shapes unusually large